Deep code scanning
Full code scans run across all your deep dependencies, picking up raw license headers or files inline.
Why do I need full license scanning?
- Detects embedded GPL, even when not reported by developers
- Additional parsing for metadata, notice files and webpages
referenced in code
- Differentiates between declared, nested & included licenses
(from i.e. copy-pasted modules/files)
- Fully configurable detail & depth
- Intelligently handles dual/multi-licensed code
Detecting license/policy violations
On each commit, FOSSA runs your code through a battery of licensing tests.
- Ensures all dependencies are properly licensed
- Flags libraries with problematic licensing terms based off your app type, or conflict with company policies
- Default policy templates drafted by top lawyers are shipped with FOSSA for all common types of apps.
- Provides license request templates & standard propritary license grants
Smart review workflow
Intelligent and dead-simple issue review that plugs into your favorite tools.
- Module relationship, issue metadata and code browsing embedded inline for easy review
- Smart remediation suggestions and update strategies to fix multiple issues
- Automatically export & sync with JIRA/issue trackers
- Full audit logs as issues progress and are resolved
- Track notes, add licenses and persist/rollback fixes within issue UI
Integrations & realtime alerts
Proactively address license issues with alerts routed to the stakeholders or embedded in your workflow.
- Route realtime alerts through Email, Slack, JIRA and more...
- Code review & pull request integrations to prevent bad code from landing into master
- Native support for multiple branches, tags and release channels
- Fully customizable notification policies
Automated attribution & reports
Fully satisfy attribution requirements in one click -- no more manual audits.
- Includes raw license headers directly from code, even if edited by developer
- Customizable detail and depth of reports
- Exports to PDF, Markdown, HTML, JSON and more...
- Downloadable or hosted option to link to
Dependency & license management
Effortlessly manage your licenses and dependencies across releases
- Fully searchable and filterable list of all dependencies/licenses
- Plain-english checklists of license obligations across hundreds of license files included in your app
- Explore relationships between modules and if/how dependencies are included in your build
- Compare changes in your dependency tree across releases